A Celebration of Music, Arts, Community, to Better Our Future
Streaming July 11 – July 12 Live from The Canopy Club
Watch with us now!WATCH ON FACEBOOK
WATCH ON YOUTUBE
VENMO – Donate to the artists, organizations and production crew putting this together!
PAYPAL – Donate to the artists, organizations and production crew putting this together!
The Canopy Club and Jay Goldberg Events & Entertainment in conjunction with Hip Hop Xpress, proudly present What’s Goin’ On? – a free virtual festival streaming Saturday July 11th and Sunday July 12th from The Canopy Club.
As we get closer to every weekend, we turn to our friends and ask, “What’s Goin’ On?” in order to discover entertainment in our area. The same question was also asked by Marvin Gaye in his eponymous hit at a time when our country was going through a crisis similar to what we’re experiencing today. This event will attempt to bridge both of these connotations of the popular question with a virtual celebration that not only showcases the culture of various marginalized groups, but also highlights prominent local figures plus area minority-owned businesses.
Our intent is to raise these profiles and listen to recommendations on how we can implement real calls-to-action which we can use to hold ourselves accountable and that further build up the community. Additionally, by pairing artists and bands with these enterprises, there will be an opportunity to increase awareness and drive business and funding to both.
“What’s Goin’ On?” will be a virtual celebration streaming on Saturday, July 11th and Sunday, July 12th, in partnership with Hip Hop Xpress and WECAAN. The weekend will have two objectives:
- Unite our city through the healing power of music by showcasing local, independent artists.
- Highlight minority-owned local businesses and grassroots activists with the intention of starting an ongoing dialogue that inspires all of us to hold ourselves accountable and to further build our community.
What’s Goin’ On is happy to have The University of Illinois Research Park and Simplified Computers as sponsors of the event. Scroll down to see a little bit of what each of these wonderful organizations is about.
WEEKEND SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
PARTICIPATING ARTISTS AND PERFORMERS
• Research Park is a bridge between campus and community, with opportunities for everyone. We offer educational and networking events, entrepreneurship support services, and of course job opportunities across 120+ companies.
• We are a full-service IT store with expert repair technicians, networking specialists, remote monitoring services, and more. We are your one-stop computer store.
• Krannert Center for the Performing Arts is dedicated to the advancement of education, research, and public engagement through the pursuit of excellence and innovation in the performing arts. Embracing the art of the past as well as the art of our time, the Center supports the belief that creativity is a core human characteristic and that the arts hold uniquely transformative potential. Through its multiple and integrated roles as classroom, laboratory, and public square, Krannert Center serves as a touchstone for the exploration and expansion of human experience.